dimanche 8 juin 2014

A Lamentation

I find that in my lifetime, the vast majority of people have been against me, as far as my beliefs are concerned. The norm seems to be violent opposition to my ideas. I've come to accept that, more or less. I at the very least expect a continuation of the trend for the near future.

What can I do? If I say I believe in Jesus Christ, I am made fun of, or even persecuted, antagonized. If I say I believe in the Freedom of Choice, I'm just a nasty neoliberal and also happen to be everything that's wrong with the world. If I love Picasso, I'm misogynous. If I love van Gogh, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Almost every time, I'm the one that's wrong and I'm what's wrong with the world. Well, my friends, this is impossible. I cannot be what's wrong with the world when the world's problems preceded my existence here. I am not the one responsible for Human History.

In any case, to wrap up this lamentation and keep it short, there are a few people who "get" me, and for that I am both proud and honored to have such amazing acquaintances. For the naysayers, keep saying nay. Go for it. It's water off this duck's back.
https://chumly.com/n/265e07c

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire