jeudi 27 mars 2014

STATUS REPORT - On Datatypes / Abstract Assembly Project

Things are going well with the Data Types Project that I started almost exactly one year ago, in the beginning of March, 2013. Truth be told, it had begun before that, that was just when I officially (publicly) launched the project, with this blog post on Tumblr:

The Datatypes Project: Abstract Assembly - datatypes.tumblr.com/post/44556530995/the-datatype...embly

Lest I forget, I also launched the accompanying Repository on Github:

DataTypes Repository on Github - github.com/antiface/DataTypes

DataTypes - The Initial Commit (Master) on Github - github.com/antiface/DataTypes/commit/f79e73131b72b...9cc93

That should already show you what progress has been made, but for lay-persons, I will try to give a Universal Status Report in only a few lines:

- First of all, you can see how the Repositories keep adding up. I made a special Repo that is an Index of my Personal Public Repositories on Github:

github.com/antiface/Index

In a little over a year, I was able to also officially (pubicly) launch The Archives-Project, which I think was similar to The History-Project I launched in the Summer of 2001, in that it was bound to fail at the outset. In other words, some projects that I launch are based on the Worst Anti-Patterns imaginable and are so wrong, so "impossibly Impossible" that I get to fail so profoundly so beautifully, and so masterfully, that the Projects become wicked testaments to the more beautiful and enduring qualities of being a human, i.e. Error is Human.

So as an artist, I start Series, I build Collections, and I work on Projects. Current project list:

- The History-Project
- The Writing-Without-Writing Project
- The DataTypes Project
- The Archives-Project
- And I'm thinking of launching The Inhibition-Painting Project next, in one form or another.

There are others, but those are the ones on the RADAR at the moment, the ones I'm actively working on. Once a Project is launched, is begun, it never ends. They are essentially Infinite Regresses, yet designed using Technics of Failure and other Alex Brand innovations so that there is proper Exception Handling, Error detection, Stigma management, Garbage-Collection, all of the above and more.

I'm writing a short novel (novella) called The Venice Of The City part III, evidently following parts I & II which date back to the 1998-2002 period. So everything is going according to plan. If you really want proof that I'm always telling the truth and that I really AM that amazing, like a time-tested and true Modern Renaissance Man, than I suggest you go straight to the repositories. They are on Github precisely because I can now use them to prove that all of the above and more, is now and forever:

A.G. (c) 2014

PS: So help me God - I found a way to make things public on public repositories on Github and not lose my All Rights Reserved Copyright, because it's all based on work that started before the Internet existed, which has all been continuously documented and archived. These are just Digital Versions of the Manual/Analog Distributed Revision Control System that I invented before Personal Computers were mainstream, in the work I did as an artist, as a child. If I cherish and treasure confidentiality and the fact that I like to lead a discreet life and also refuse to let people call me names, like a hermit and whatnot... Now perhaps you can realize that I am a Force of Nature as an artist and a force to be reckoned with. Yet people will continue to insult my intelligence, throw sticks and stones at me. But I'm on the side of the Good Guys. I grew up with World War I vets AND WWII vets, truckers, dispatchers, police officers, emergency personnel... My hometown had an air-raid siren, and I'm only 36 years old. It just goes to show you.. Hard work, discipline, self-reliance, all that stuff, even the whole God and Country thing, it is absolutely the Truest thing I know, in fact, it is the ONLY thing I truly know. Be good, and only do good things, contribute to doing goo and only doing good things, and people will hate you and spit in your face... But you will experience Joys Supreme.. You will experience terrible pains too, lots of grief, but with some healthy Works of Grief done in a controlled environment, you too can be a prolific contemporary artist with a practise that can instantaneously scale UP OR DOWN, where everything can be started and stopped at any given time. That is what artistic control really means, that's the true meaning, the reason we have copyright and patent systems. It's so that I can "recuse" myself, so that I can "remove" some content if I have a valid reason to and want to make it disappear.. That often happens, maybe I did a portrait of someone and then something happens that causes that painting to be a liability to me or to someone else, perhaps even the individual of who I made that portrait. I need to be able to make the painting disappear instantly, and not out of any cowardice or laziness, but precisely so that I can HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE.. So that I can make a public statement announcing to everyone that I had made this portrait, then I removed it, and if anyone has any questions about it, please file a report with my secretary. I will attend to it immediately.

All based on the soundest practises in art-making and culture-building, good works of preservation, conservation, that go all the way back to Vermeer, through the other Golden Ages, in Copenhagen in the early 1800s, to the work art collectors and gallery-owners did in the late 19th century and early to mid-20th century.. I am merely continuing in their tradition...


https://chumly.com/n/245ec70

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire