dimanche 12 janvier 2014

Book Farm Society Destroyed by Faulty Book Distribution

[Abstract: I wrote this 20 years ago or so, when I was still a child living at home. It was to be my submission for English class, in the form of an Essay (and also unfortunately my earliest piece of Computer-Writing that is extant, others were lost forever, what Grief that is!). Though meant to be an Essay, I find now that it came out as Fiction. I just know that after that point, I started distributing simple solutions to complex impossible-to-solve problems, one rapid chess-move at a time, or bead in the Glass Bead Game, as others would say. All attributable to a simple accounting error in one's Private Household Ledger-book upsetting the Personal Hygiene and Balance of one's Mental Furniture Catalogue and seemingly extending outwards radially for all Eternity. But it's just Common Sense to me. God Bless America!]

I was just informed, by a certain informer, that I am in possession of a book belonging to him. This book was borrowed by a man whom felt he had the right to lend something he did not own, for I now have this book (having been lent it); under any circumstances, books which are borrowed can never be lent out by the borrower because this breaks the rule of book distribution, amendments and modalities which I shall reveal.
I would like to state that it is with great pride and honor that I will be returning the object of false distribution, and I do feel pain in my heart upon hearing of cases such as this. A person simply does not have the right to do as he so wishes with an object he does not own. This book was kindly given to me and I was told that I could keep it for as long as I wanted to. Now, I must ask, when did this person earn the right indulge in such criminal mastery? Did he not know of his most obvious offence? As far as I can apprehend, the book was used as a device to express this traitor's evil intentions; it was a demonstration of hatred for mankind, and maybe this contributed slightly to our society's decay.
The responsibilities accompanied with borrowing books are numerous. Books can attain great lengths and within them extreme amounts of knowledge and wisdom can be stored. Perhaps people need to care more. If the borrower was given a quick psycho-analysis, I am utterly convinced that his trustworthiness would stand out clearly.

people need to care more about books (and knowledge kept within).
people need to care more about the private lives of others.
perhaps the proprietor wishes not to have a certain person possess his book.
look at a person's bookshelf and ye shall see his mind.
therefore lending a book is lending a part of ourselves and our personal history.
I was at a garage sale and I could not believe my eyes when I saw a rack of books; how could one possibly wish to give out his books? I realized that he must have incredible amounts of confidence in himself and trust for others; to give away our life's all...
The only reason I want to live is to appreciate art with mankind while contributing to our world's insurmountable amount of art and beauty.
If I am the composer of a book and I wish to tell everyone what I think but someone buys my book and wishes only his intimate friends to read my work, do his friends have the right to let others (strangers) read his book?
Books are immaculate.

[Source of Image: William Hogarth Sitting Next To a Self-Portrait of William Hogarth, Public Domain I hope! h/t]


https://chumly.com/n/21f5ee6

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire