lundi 13 janvier 2014

On The Truth of Cultivating Too Much Enthusiasm Inwardly with Regard To Painting(s)

I will keep this short, but it is my life's work and very important to me. Sometimes it feels like I am bringing 50,000 years of art history back from the dead. I assure you that I am not. I am merely practising a simple trade called painting. I began at a young age, came from a family of Painters, and so have spent my life engaged in this pain-staking process of personal and private cultivation of civic virtues so that I could properly practise the art which I felt was my vocation to practise while I was on earth.

And so the theme for the painting I have not yet begun is Enthusiasm and how cultivating whatever it takes to keep Enthusiasm in check, when Enthusiasm is left to roam a little too wildly, fervor and fundamentalism can result, and then if the risk is of losing human dignity, or worse, of losing all the dignity that any human ever had on this earth, then it is only normal that one would choose to cultivate some darker, deeper universal human values universally communicable across peoples and nations everywhere since the beginning of time, namely what might be called "martial virtues" such as Honor, Valor, and so forth.

If there is no dignity in life or in death or anywhere in between, then there is no humanity. Culture is part of the process of cultivating civic virtues. The art of Painting is a Liberal Art whose duty is to promote the Civic Virtues. Our Communities are in need of this kind of communitarian "culture" but there is always the risk of too much Enthusiasm in anything, if there is not proper cultivation of the other virtues. I believe that some day we will have a form of Civic Media that helps promote the civic virtues to a much wider audience, for being a Painter these days, and knowing these things, I can only hope that it comes soon and spreads from community to community so that we can have happy hearts and souls and love one another as Neighbors.
https://chumly.com/n/22001ce

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire