lundi 13 janvier 2014

How to Give Someone Who Suffers From Terrible Anxieties and Insecurity A Warm Sensation of Soothing Calm

Ignore them. Pretend they don't exist. Imagine you saw an individual with a physical handicap, rolling in the supermarket in a wheelchair. You walk by them and they give you a s mile. You try to smile back but you only manage a broken grin, a half-smile, a kind of pained smirk.

You think you did the right thing, try to smile at the person with a physical handicap, except that you maybe just did something truly horrible to them. I think it's time people started doing the difficult thinking, cause I can't keep being the only one around here who thinks clearly. Let me explain.

A cascading effect can occur with individuals who suffer from what might be called "moral suffering". If I see someone with a look on their face that I think looks "pained" to me, then I can do one of two things: I can either feel Empathy (which is Compassion, is an active moving towards the person inwardly but not outwardly, the result being an expression of pure joy in the Encounter with the other) or I can feel Sympathy (which is similar to "sympathetic vibrations" with regard to resonance in linear systems, where two strings of the same frequency cause each other's amplitude to increase because of sympathizing vibrations).

Empathy is the right way of Encountering the other. I call it empathetic participation because to me it is participation with the other, it is an encounter with the other, it is the both of us Seeing each other for the first time. However, if that person happens to be sitting in a wheelchair, and I look at them with Sympathy for their "pain", I am actually doing them a grave indignity.

I realize no one likes to talk about this stuff, but the world is about to either enter into a Crusade to destroy the universe by getting rid of every one's sadness forever, or people just learn to have Empathy instead of hurting those already possessed with more Shame and feelings of Powerlessness and Solitude that you or anyone else can ever imagine.

Unless of course you have shed tears of joy before, and tears are always tears of joy, for they remind us of our humanity. Otherwise, if you have struggles in your heart, if you are possessed with internal struggles that live day by day and fight wars in your chest that cause you to rage and be angry and so forth.. If you project that onto other people's faces, onto the world, what do you think will happen?

They see your Disgust-that-You-Think-Is-Love and their pain gets infinitely worse. You essentially just symbolically did a great violence to them. We call this symbolic violence. We need symbols because we use language and so forth, but please, for the love of God, if I can have anything given to me from heaven, it is my liberation from this curse, of having an ambiguous, hard to read face, which is the result of my having trouble reading the face of others..

And so my struggle is certainly the worst struggle currently possible on earth.. And I'm not doing have bad, cause I stopped caring about other people's facial reactions and expressions to the reactions and expressions of my face, and so on and so on, WHICH IS THE CAUSE OF THE CASCADE OF FACE-ANTIFACE ROUTINES.

Example: This is me from about 10 years ago or so which was one of the happiest moments in my life. I was with someone I loved very much who took this picture. I was laughing and having a good time, and he snapped the picture, and this is what came out. But I wonder, what does that look like to other people? I have the uncanny ability of knowing what my face looks like from the outside, because I'm so used to what people's constant overreactions are to my face. They see ambiguity and the constant barrage of individuals mis-interpreting my emotions state ends up putting me in impossible situations. It is such an absurd and ridiculous existence I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Indifference is the best reaction to have to people. The world is scared and they probably wish I didn't exist, those who may want to stop the world from being a much more peaceful place. Or maybe because I am writing in English they think I am evil?


https://chumly.com/n/2202196

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire